If you’ve been to London Fields Fitness Studio™ this month you may have noticed some big changes! We completed a full re-furbishment and re-branding in one weekend! We are totally committed to keeping our fit-fam happy and sweaty in an ever-more awesome atmosphere! More classes, merchandise and exciting news to come, so watch this space.
At risk of sounding like a motivational speaker, here are some old idioms and quotes for your fitness tips this month.
1. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. I believe it’s important to (not only) take action against those man-boobs you’ve been looking at loathsomely for years, but also to learn to accept and love the things you cannot change. I have been stunned to have clients ask how to lose weight from their earlobes! You get the picture.
2. There’s no time like the present to get your trainers on and try that first yoga or circuits class, book a spin session or contact a personal trainer. Start eating healthy now, skip that next cigarette, forget about your sneaky snickers bar, and cut the second teaspoon of sugar you put in your builders tea. 🙂
3. Slow and steady wins the race. If you are planning a drastic change in your diet or fitness regime it is important to remember this saying and to be patient with yourself. Let your body adapt in due time. Do you your best and be patient.
Ziggy Stardust Starbursts
A whole body cardio exercise to get your your star power on…This exercise is a variation on a burpee. Jump from standing spreading your legs and arms out wide (as if you were a star!), bring them back in to land. Then crouch to the floor, put your hands on the ground in front of you and jump your legs back behind you to a straight plank position, then jump them back in to a squat and stand, repeating this movement from the beginning 20 Times, you’ll be fit as a fiddle. Repeat 3 Times
Moves Like Jagger
Mick is quite the calorie burner on stage, so here’s a cardio burst…
- Jog on the spot for 20 seconds
- Sprint (like you just spotted your ex!) for 20 seconds
- Jog (like you’re in Baywatch) for 30 Seconds
- Sprint for 30 Seconds
- Run on the spot (like Phoebe from Friends) for 20 Seconds
- 10 Squats Jumps
- 10 Mountain Climbers
- Jog on the spot for 20 Seconds
- Repeat this sequence 3 times.
Junk in yo’ trunk? Imma change yo’ lyf. 😉 Get a bench or a chair, squat over it and touch/kiss it lightly with your butt and come back to standing. 20 reps of these followed by 20 jump squats, where after touching the bench/seat, you jump up to standing and squat right down again immediately. You can repeat this sequence 3 times. Rock hard. Promise
Enjoy these mini workout additions and hope to see you all at the studio soon!